At Allesley Primary school we will ensure an approach to assessment that meets the needs of all pupils, informs teaching and demonstrates children’s progress from their individual starting points.
Published by DfE, April 2014
Effective assessment systems…
- Give reliable information to parents about how their child and their child’s school are performing.
- Help drive improvement for pupils and teachers
- Make sure the school is keeping up with external best practice and innovation.
- Are a balance of summative and formative and is integral for teaching and learning.
- Engage pupils in rich open ended tasks involving investigation and problem solving with no limit on achievement.
- Inform planning so all pupils make good progress.
- Track progress to allow for analysis and target setting.
Summative Assessment and testing.
The school will follow the National Testing Agenda.