Year 5 PSHE Coverage Autumn 1
Me and My Relationships
- Explain what collaboration means;
- Give examples of how they have worked collaboratively;
- Describe the attributes needed to work collaboratively.
Give and take
- Explain what is meant by the terms negotiation and compromise;
- Describe strategies for resolving difficult issues or situations.
How good a friend are you?
- Demonstrate how to respond to a wide range of feelings in others;
- Give examples of some key qualities of friendship;
- Reflect on their own friendship qualities.
A recipe for a good relationship
- Identify what things make a relationship unhealthy;
- Identify who they could talk to if they needed help.
- Identify characteristics of passive, aggressive and assertive behaviours;
- Understand and rehearse assertiveness skills.
Our emotional needs
- Recognise basic emotional needs, understand that they change according to circumstance;
- Identify risk factors in a given situation (involving smoking or other scenarios) and consider outcomes of risk taking in this situation, including emotional risks.
- Understand that online communication can be misinterpreted;
- Accept that responsible and respectful behaviour is necessary when interacting with others online as well as face-to-face.