Year 6 PSHE Coverage Autumn 1
Me and My Relationships
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to a task;
- Describe and implement the skills needed to do this.
- Explain what is meant by the terms 'negotiation' and 'compromise';
- Suggest positive strategies for negotiating and compromising within a collaborative task;
- Demonstrate positive strategies for negotiating and compromising within a collaborative task.
Solve this friendship problem
- Recognise some of the challenges that arise from friendships;
- Suggest strategies for dealing with such challenges demonstrating the need for respect and an assertive approach.
- List some assertive behaviours;
- Recognise peer influence and pressure;
- Demonstrate using some assertive behaviours, through role-play, to resist peer influence and pressure.
- Recognise and empathise with patterns of behaviour in peer-group dynamics;
- Recognise basic emotional needs and understand that they change according to circumstance;
- Suggest strategies for dealing assertively with a situation where someone under pressure may do something they feel uncomfortable about.
Responding to others
- Describe the consequences of reacting to others in a positive or negative way;
- Suggest ways that people can respond more positively to others.
- Describe ways in which people show their commitment to each other;
- Know the ages at which a person can marry, depending on whether their parents agree;
- Understand that different faiths and cultures place value on marriage
- Understand that under British law, everyone has the right to be free to choose who and whether to marry.
It’s a puzzle
- Identify strategies for keeping personal information safe online;
- Describe safe and respectful behaviours when using communication technology.