Year 2 PSHE Coverage Autumn 1
Me and My Relationships
Our Ideal Classroom
- Suggest actions that will contribute positively to the life of the classroom;
- Make and undertake pledges based on those actions.
- Take part in creating and agreeing classroom rules.
How are you feeling today?
- Use a range of words to describe feelings;
- Recognise that people have different ways of expressing their feelings;
- Identify helpful ways of responding to other's feelings.
Bullying or teasing?
- Define what is meant by the terms 'bullying' and 'teasing' showing an understanding of the difference between the two;
- Identify situations as to whether they are incidents of teasing or bullying.
Don’t do that!
- Understand and describe strategies for dealing with bullying
- Rehearse and demonstrate some of these strategies.
Types of Bullying
- Explain the difference between bullying and isolated unkind behaviour;
- Recognise that that there are different types of bullying and unkind behaviour;
- Understand that bullying and unkind behaviour are both unacceptable ways of behaving.
Being a good friend
- Recognise that friendship is a special kind of relationship;
- Identify some of the ways that good friends care for each other.
Let’s all be happy
- Recognise, name and understand how to deal with feelings (e.g. anger, loneliness);
- Explain where someone could get help if they were being upset by someone else’s behaviour.