Year 3 PSHE Coverage Autumn 1
Me and My Relationships
As a rule
- Explain why we have rules;
- Explore why rules are different for different age groups, in particular for internet-based activities;
- Suggest appropriate rules for a range of settings;
- Consider the possible consequences of breaking the rules.
My Special things
- Explain some of the feelings someone might have when they lose something important to them;
- Understand that these feelings are normal and a way of dealing with the situation.
- Define and demonstrate cooperation and collaboration;
- Identify the different skills that people can bring to a group task;
- Demonstrate how working together in a collaborative manner can help everyone to achieve success.
Looking after our special people
- Identify people who they have a special relationship with;
- Suggest strategies for maintaining a positive relationship with their special people.
How can we solve this problem?
- Rehearse and demonstrate simple strategies for resolving given conflict situations.
- Explain what a dare is
- Understand that no-one has the right to force them to do a dare
- Suggest strategies to use if they are ever made to feel uncomfortable or unsafe by someone asking them to do a dare
Listening to others
- Express opinions and listen to those of others;
- Consider others' points of view;
- Practise explaining the thinking behind their ideas and opinions.
Friends are special
- Identify the qualities of friendships
- Suggest reasons why friends sometimes fall out
- Rehearse skills for making up again