Year 3 PSHE Coverage Autumn 2
Keeping Myself Safe
Protective Behaviours Lesson 1
- Understand that they can feel different things at the same time
- Understand that with my right to be safe comes a responsibility to keep others safe
Protective Behaviours Lesson 2
- Identify when they get their early warning signs but it is ‘fun to feel scared’ or ‘risking on purpose’ situation
- Know its important to sometimes take a risk on purpose to help learn new things or get help
Protective Behaviours Lesson 3
- Understand the difference between safe and unsafe touches
- Know that no one has the right to touch them in a way that feels unsafe
- Use strategies to help them know options if they feel unsafe
Protective Behaviours Lesson 4
Networks and Telling
- Know what characteristics someone who can help me has
- Can discuss asking for help in school
- Know where to get help outside of school
Danger or risk?
- Define the words danger and risk and explain the difference between the two;
- Demonstrate strategies for dealing with a risky situation.
- Identify risk factors in given situations;
- Suggest ways of reducing or managing those risks.
Alcohol and Cigarettes: the facts
- Identify some key risks from and effects of cigarettes and alcohol;
- Know that most people choose not to smoke cigarettes; (Social Norms message)
- Define the word 'drug' and understand that nicotine and alcohol are both drugs.
Online safety/Super Searchers
- Evaluate the validity of statements relating to online safety;
- Recognise potential risks associated with browsing online;
- Give examples of strategies for safe browsing online.
None of Your Business
- Know that our body can often give us a sign when something doesn't feel right; to trust these signs and talk to a trusted adult if this happens;
- Recognise and describe appropriate behaviour online as well as offline;
- Identify what constitutes personal information and when it is not appropriate or safe to share this;
- Understand and explain how to get help in a situation where requests for images or information of themselves or others occurs.
Help or Harm?
- Understand that medicines are drugs and suggest ways that they can be helpful or harmful.