Year 1 PSHE Coverage Autumn 1
Me and My Relationships
Why we have classroom rules
- Understand that classroom rules help everyone to learn and be safe;
- Explain their classroom rules and be able to contribute to making these
Thinking about feelings
- Recognise how others might be feeling by reading body language/facial expressions;
- Understand and explain how our emotions can give a physical reaction in our body (e.g. butterflies in the tummy etc.)
- Identify a range of feelings;
- Identify how feelings might make us behave:
- Suggest strategies for someone experiencing 'not so good' feelings to manage these.
Feelings and bodies
- Recognise that people’s bodies and feelings can be hurt
- Suggest ways of dealing with different kinds of hurt
Our Special People
- Recognise that they belong to various groups and communities such as their family;
- Explain how these people help us and we can also help them to help us.
- Identify simple qualities of friendship;
- Suggest simple strategies for making up.
How are you listening?
- Demonstrate attentive listening skills;
- Suggest simple strategies for resolving conflict situations;
- Give and receive positive feedback, and experience how this makes them feel.