Year 1 PSHE Coverage Autumn 2
Keeping Myself Safe
Protective Behaviours Lesson 1
- Know when they feel safe and say what it feels like
- Know what happens on the inside and outside of their body when they feel safe and comfortable
- Understand that different people can have different feelings about the same situation
Protective Behaviours Lesson 2
- Know what happens on the outside and inside of their body when they feel unsafe
- Know their own early warning signs and when they might get them
Protective Behaviours Lesson 3
- Name all the parts of their body including penis, vulva, vagina, anus, bottom, breast, nipple
- Know their body belongs to them and that there are parts which are private and shouldn’t be touched without permission
- Know that they need to keep themselves and others safe
Protective Behaviours Lesson 4
Networks and Telling
- Know that everyone has worries sometimes and can talk about what their worries might be
- Know that it is important to share a worry with safe people
- Know how to make themselves heard when they want help
- Understand that the body gets energy from food, water and air (oxygen);
- Recognise that exercise and sleep are important parts of a healthy lifestyle.
- Recognise the importance of sleep in maintaining a healthy, balanced lifestyle;
- Identify simple bedtime routines that promote healthy sleep.
- Recognise the range of feelings that are associated with loss.
- Understand that medicines can sometimes make people feel better when they’re ill;
- Explain simple issues of safety and responsibility about medicines and their use.
Keeping Safe Online
- Understand principles for keeping safe online, how to recognise risks, harmful content and contact, and how to report them.